Release Notes for v2.4
- Added binary and SLEB128 and ULEB128 int inspector
- Added hide null bytes option
- Added text encodings table
- Allow selecting packages and hidden files
- Fixed many bugs and memory leaks
- Update Sparkle to 1.14.0
Release Notes for v2.1.2
Release Notes for v2.1.1
- Fixed a bug that caused exceptions when scrolling with a non-precise scrolling device (like a classic scroll wheel mouse).
- Removed an .xcconfig file that was inadvertently being copied into Resources
Release Notes for v2.1.0
- Support for computing a binary diff between two files. This is a "true" LCS-based diff. Support for computing the diff lives in HexFiend.framework, while the document that presents it is in HexFiend.app.
- Bookmark support. Bookmarks are little balloons that point at a range of bytes. They are not saved with the document.
- Some support for attributes on ranges of bytes, which then can be translated into visual styles (such as colors).
- Hex Fiend now has a privileged helper process ("Fortunate Son"), which can be used to read raw devices, root owned files, etc. Communication is via MIG.
- Transient untitled document support. That is, if there is an untitled document that has never been edited, its window gets used by any document that's opened.
- Undo can now be preserved across saves, when doing so doesn't require too much memory.
- It looks more 3D. It's like you're really inside a hex editor!
- Many more bug fixes representing a few years of work.